Who hasnt thought about quitting their full-time job and going out on their own? In fact, a study by the Freelancers Union found that 88% of people say they wouldnt return to a full-time job. Horowitz says that most are happy to be done with the brutal schedule, the way work is organized, and office politics. Still, freelancing isnt without its challenges.
Being your own boss is certainly tempting. But is giving up your status as a regular employee the right choice for you?
- Do you have a marketable skill?
- Do you have a robust network?
- Do you have the right temperament?
- Do you have a financial cushion?
- Are you disciplined about work?
- Can you try it out?
- Can your current employer be your first client?
Read the full article at Harvard Business Review.